- One pack of tofu (approximately 500 g)
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Half cup finely chopped onions
- 2 spring onions finely chopped for garnishing
Sauce mix in a bowl:
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar or tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes or chili powder
- ½ cup water
- Rinse tofu in water and pat it dry, cut it into bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add these tofu pieces, add a little salt and keep the flame high and shallow fry tofu, flipping them over one by one until golden brown.
- Transfer the tofu to a plate and in the left over oil and chopped onions, garlic, and spring onions (keep aside one tablespoon for garnishing) until transparent.
- Add sauce mix and keep stirring until it thickens. Transfer the fried tofu pieces into the sauce and fry until tofu absorbs the sauce for about 10 mins.
Spicy tofu is ready to serve.
Please follow and like us: