Lemon Butter Chicken Tenders
1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders or tenderloins (note that they may be smaller than those pictured, that’s fine)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp each dried oregano, thyme and paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp minced parsley
– Preheat pan (for a better sear): Heat a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
– Sprinkle chicken with seasonings: Season chicken tenders with salt and pepper. Then evenly sprinkle over oregano, thyme, paprika, and flour. Toss to evenly coat.
– Add portion of fats to pan: Add oil to the skillet along with 1 Tbsp butter. Carefully tilt pan to evenly coat.
– Pan fry chicken tenders: Add chicken to skillet, leaving a little space between them. Let cook until golden brown on bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes or until nearly cooked through.
– Add garlic and butter: Once chicken is nearly cooked through (about 155 in center) add remaining 2 Tbsp butter and sprinkle garlic around the chicken (don’t sprinkle on the chicken or it won’t cook).
– Continue to cook until chicken is just cooked through (165 in center of each piece), about 1 minute longer.
– Add lemon and parsley: Remove from heat. Carefully pour in lemon juice and add parsley. Toss to coat then serve.
Thanks to @cookingclassy for the recipe